It’s been a wild ride since I started at SCAD last fall. That’s the reason I’ve been absent from the blog(s) lately, so I’m sorry about that. Either way, I’ve been swamped with shoots and have decided to showcase one of the more recent shoots with you. The project was conceived as a my Color Technique final for the quarter and was more about playing with spectrum’s of light we don’t normally play with as photographers. It was a complete experiment and I ended up having to shoot this three different times. Yikes!
The first time I shot this I ordered an industrial 400 watt blacklight to work with. Considering the average Spencer’s bulb is 25-40 watts, that’s a lot of power. We got everything set up and my assistant Jessica was setting up the light. It never turned on.
We waited two and a half hours for the thing to turn on. By that time, the models were there and were getting fitted for the clothes so we were down to one option: run out and get Spencer’s lights. That’s what we did! We ended up purchasing four lights to make this all work.
Just goes to show you can’t pre-plan everything.